Thursday 24 January 2013

Thrusty Thursday: Incubus Hunter @Firebaptizedd #BookReview


Hello, everyone. Welcome to Thrusty Thursday. I’ve been trying to catch up with my To-Be-Read pile and read a few books over the past week. Here's one I’d like to recommend.

Disclaimer: No favours have been exchanged for these reviews. 

~*~*~*~*~

Incubus Hunter by Kenya Wright

Tags: paranormal, erotica, novella, free kindle eBook (at time of writing this)

Blurb

Whispers swirl throughout the underworld of Carmen, the fanged elf with the violet eyes. They say she hunts incubus demons, not for money, but to clear a debt with a powerful wizard. 

But time is winding down. Carmen has five days to clear the balance or she loses her daughter. Desperation forces her to go after Blaze. He’s worth two million dollars dead or alive.

The hunt begins. She spots him and sets a seductive trap. It’s just business as usual—until she ends up capturing so much more.

This is a novella with adult content and sexual situations. 





My Review


I fell in love with Carmen and Blaze from the onset. Carmen is a strong female lead and with just the right amount of sassy attitude. As a demon hunter she has to keep her wits about her and uses her sexy charm as a tool of the trade.
When she is assigned to hunt Blaze an incubus of a higher status than she’d ever caught before, it seems she has bitten off more than she can chew. 

I fell in love with Blaze because it was obvious from almost the onset that he’d fallen for Carmen and even though he is more powerful than she is, he allows her to take advantage of him. There’s just something about an alpha male who makes himself vulnerable to a woman that is damn sexy.

Talking about sexy, this book is too darn hot. The love scenes were off the scale with some really creative scenes.

The downside to this book is that it ends on a cliff-hanger, and I’m not a big fan of cliff-hangers especially if the next book in the series is not available yet. (Hint to author to write the next one :))

My Verdict

Hot. Hot. Hot. 

My Recommendation 

You’ve got to read it. It’s free at the moment, so why not. 

My Rating



Here’s where I got my copy: Amazon UK

If you'd like a more varied recommendation of books, check out my Love & Romance in Color column in the Night Owl Review's January magazine.

So what are you reading at the moment? Share.

I'm currently looking out for good romance novels or novellas with a Valentine's theme. Feel free to comment and recommend one.

4 comments:

  1. Great review Kiru. Thanks for the book recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nana. You should pick up a copy. ;)

      Delete
  2. Mad love Kiru!

    Loved your take on my book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Kenya! I hope you're writing book 2.

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews