Sunday 15 December 2013

I just wanted you back #SexySnippets #Christmas

Welcome back to Sexy Snippets hosted by The Nuthouse Scribblers where we share seven sentences from a published book or work-in-progress. If you're a writer, feel free to join us by signing up at the Sexy Snippets page. Sign up opens every Tuesday and closes midnight every Saturday (UK time).
  This week I'm sharing from Island Bound, my moving and sizzling Christmas romance about a couple whose marriage is on the verge of a breakdown and how they get their second chance. You can read the full Chapter One HERE.

In this scene, we're reminded that Christmas is about more than decorations and presents. It's about having the ones we love alive and well and with us. I hope you enjoy it.

~~~

“It’s Christmas. It doesn’t feel very festive at the moment. The house is bare of decorations.”

“I don’t mind.” She choked back the tears and lump in her throat. Christmas in this house had always been very special with family, friends, decorations, presents, and parties. “It doesn’t have to be decorated for it to be Christmas. I just wanted you back, and now I’ve got that.”

~~~
Leave me a comment. I love reading them. Remember to check out the other Sexy Snippets this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews