Monday 6 October 2014

Love is incomplete without heartbreak @AduraOjo #Authorspeak #chat




Happy Monday, people! I have the lovely +Adura Ojo  with me today and we're chatting about Love and Heartbreak. Come, join us and have a cuppa.

Over to you, Adura...



Thanks Kiru for hosting me on your blog today. I’m deeply honoured especially as you’ve already given me the benefit of a stunning professional offering in the shape of that beautifully robed woman gracing my book cover. Just to give readers a brief intro into how this post came about. We’d agreed that I’d do a guest post. I set out to write a guest post about love and heartbreak and this imaginary chat with Kiru cropped up in my head. So I ditched the guest post and typed up Kiru’s ‘chat’ with me instead!


Kiru: Have you ever fallen in love?
Adura: Yes.
Kiru: Did it hurt?
Adura: Yes dammit.
Kiru: Was there a happy ending?
Adura: No :-)
Kiru: Why are you smiling?
Adura: He was not who I thought he was. No one wants a happy ending to that.
Kiru: Do you talk about heartbreak in your poetry collection: ‘Life is a Woman Breaking Eggs?’
Adura: Yes. Some poems echo heartbreak amongst other themes. One such poem is ‘Window’. Another one is ‘Keys.’
Kiru: Do you also write about love?
Adura: Yes. There are some poems in the collection. Some are sensual too.
Kiru: Give us some lines.
Adura:  (Shyly) Okay…here’s a few from ‘Spring’:
crimson spring
prick of a finger bitter sweet
confusion, desire
….
hanging on ropes
smoke screening rivulets
freeing reality

Kiru: Heartbreak or love?
Heartbreak.  Life is incomplete without pathos. Love is incomplete without heartbreak. Romance novels and classic love films would not sell a dime if only love was on the agenda. We need that dramatic plot to keep us incurable romantics hooked.
Kiru: Aww…you’re an incurable romantic?
Adura : Yes…when I read your hot romances and drink too much wine which is more often than I would admit.
Kiru: What’s your best love quote?
Funny you should ask that. Here’s one I made earlier:
‘Love is incomplete without heartbreak.’
AND this one:
‘Love is both arms outstretched. It’s impossible with one arm across your heart.’
Kiru: What’s your best quote on heartbreak?
Adura: ‘Time to move on. ‘
Kiru: Short and sweet!
Adura: Best way to deal with it. *Laughs*
Kiru: Your ‘Life’ collection explores themes across the human experience. You’ve posted some sensual poems on your blog in the past. Can we expect a sensuality collection from you sometime soon?
Adura: As the muse leads, Kiru. We’ll have to see. I already have a title in my head. The title itself sounds ever so subtly sensual. Some poems are in the foray. If sensuality is a theme, it would be handled sensitively.
Kiru: Where can readers get ‘Life is a Woman Breaking Eggs?’
Adura: Amazon, and soon to be available on LULU, Smashwords, Kobo and other platforms.
Kiru: Thanks for being here, Adura.
Adura: It’s been my pleasure. I’ll leave you with a love quote from Maya Angelou which pretty much sums up the journey for me:

Love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.
                   ~Maya Angelou

 

Adura Ojo is an author, poet, blogger and a mother of two. She is the author of Life is a Woman Breaking Eggs - her debut poetry collection - published in August 2014 by Lafia. She is a graduate of English, Law and Social Work and has enjoyed a varied career teaching, training and practicing as a mental health professional. She ‘really got into writing’ in 2004 when she took up a freelance columnist post with the Sunday Independent, Nigeria. Her work has been published in Sentinel Champions, Sentinel Nigeria, The Poetic Pinup Revue, and a number of websites. Adura lives in the UK. She is working on her debut novel and a second poetry collection.
Follow Adura Ojo:
‘Like’ her author page: https://www.facebook.com/aduraojoauthor



Where to buy her book in paperback or eBook: Amazon US | Amazon UK 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews