Wednesday 24 July 2013

#BBF#Spotlight on Marisa Cleveland #BloggerBookFair

It's Day 3 of the Blogger Book Fair and the spotlight' on Marisa Cleveland. Check out my interview with her and make her feel welcome.

Leave a comment here and be entered into my Summer Is Here gift card prize draw.


Q1) Welcome to my blog, Marisa. Can you tell us a little about yourself


Thanks so much for having me on your blog! A little bit about me... I'm a writer and a reader. Some weeks I read waaaay more than I write, but I love both equally.


Q2) Tell me about it. I read way more than I write too. So have you always wanted to be an author?


Always, though I didn't imagine I could be a published author until recently.




Q3) Congrats on getting published! Who are some of your favorite writers? Who do you feel has influenced your writing?


My favorite writers always change depending on the book I'm reading, but the people who have most influenced my writing are my husband, my family, my best friend, and my agent.


Q4) It's great to have supportive family and friends. Can you tell us what a typical writing day for you is like?


My typical writing day... wake up, make coffee, stretch, write until the words blur on the screen. There are many variations to writing days, but that sums it up fairly generically.


Q5) Bliss. Let’s talk about your new book.  Can you tell us a little about it?


My first category-length novel is releasing in September. It's an Entangled Indulgence, and it's titled Reforming the Cowboy. I loved writing this story, and I'm still so dazed that strangers will get to read about my reformed Country singer.

Here's the blurb:

Country singer Billy Hardy needs to get back on the charts. His manager assures him headlining the opening of a cafe in South Beach is his best chance at getting back to the big time. If he fails, his career is over for good this time.


Lacey Durant can't believe opening night includes the country singer she crushed on through college. And her customers agree he's dreamy. But his playboy reputation threatens her cafe's image and she can't afford that. She insists Billy stay with her so she can keep an eye on him, and thwart overenthusiastic fans.


Billy's charms and Lacey's sexy curves prove more than either can resist, but she refuses to be just another lyric in his well-known songs of heartbreak.

Q6) Sounds great. How did you come up with the idea for this story?


My hubby and I love to visit South Beach, and this one is the first of three category-length novels set in South Beach.


Q7) What is up next for you?


I have the other two South Beach books releasing, and my novella, The Valentine Challenge, released last February. I'm not sure what's after that, but I'm having so much fun!


Q8) What is the best piece of advice you would give to a budding writer?


I'm not sure it's the best advice for every budding writer, but it was the best advice someone gave me. "If you really want a career in publishing, then do what needs to be done to make it happen."


Q9) Great advice. What is the next book on your To Read Pile that you are dying to jump into?


Oh! My To Read Pile is towering and terrifying right now! I can't really say what's next, since I try to read one published novel a week, and I will grab one from any one of the hundred piles I have. BUT I did just receive Andi Unexpected by Amanda Flower, and it's a middle grade novel, so I think that one will be next on my list.


Q10) Is there anything else you would like to add?


Thanks again for hosting me. I love blogs, and I love having people on my blog.


Favorite Quiz

Favorite city: whatever city my hubby is in

Favorite beverage: water

Favorite place you’d like to visit: real? or imagined? This actually changes as I cross places off my bucket list.

Favorite place to write: In my office.

Favorite hobby: Reading!

Favorite movie: Oh. Um. Too many to choose just one.
Favorite book: Soooo many great books. Please don't make me choose just one. :)


I love to connect with readers and writers here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews