Tuesday 23 July 2013

#BBF #Spotlight Take 2 by Linda Bolton #BloggerBookFair


Welcome to Day 2 of the Blogger Book Fair and I've got the lovely Linda Bolton on my blog. Check out our interview and make her feel welcome.


Q1) Can you tell us a little about yourself -

I work full-time in HR and write part-time while I play with my nine month old granddaughter “Z”.

Find me:
http://www.lindabolton.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/lindaboltonauthor
http://www.facebook.com/linda.bowersbolton

Q2) Have you always wanted to be an author?

I’ve been writing since I was in high school, starting with poetry and short stories. I didn’t start thinking about novel writing until about twelve years ago. I started writing a memoir but put it on hold. Then I finished TAKE 2 a year ago, found a publisher and here we are!


Q3) Who are some of your favorite writers? Who do you feel has influenced your writing?

Some of my favorites are Julie Garwood and J K Rowling. I love all kinds of genres so it’s hard to tell who influenced me the most. I read so much Stephen King you’d think I’d write horror but I’d hate to scare myself.  I think every book I’ve read has influenced me in one way or another. I love reading different writing styles and try to learn a little something from all of them.


Q4) Can you tell us what a typical writing day for you is like. 

Lately, I’ve been heading to the library. It’s quiet and I can put my distractions away. I used to wake up at the crack of dawn and write an hour every day, now I try to hide out two days a week for three or four hours. My schedule with work and family has been erratic so I write when I can. I have a lot of notes I keep for ideas that pop in my head at all hours of the day. Then I pull them out and find a home in the story for them.


Q5) Let’s talk about your new book.  Can you tell us a little about it?

TAKE 2 has actually been out in Ebook since December. The paperback is being released on Amazon the end of this month. It’s the story of a Dallas housewife that gets to meet her celebrity crush.
Available on Amazon

Q6) How did you come up with the idea for this story?

I have a terrible crush on Gerard Butler (of ‘300’ fame) and wanted to write a character similar to him.


Q7) What is up next for you?

In TAKE 2 you are introduced to Tristen Bane, a magician that the main characters meet. He is the main focus of my second book, Incantation. I hope to have it complete some time in September.


Q8) What is the best piece of advice you would give to a budding writer?

Write! don’t get discouraged! Take criticism and learn from it! Make friends with other writers on Facebook and seek their advice! I have made great friends on Facebook and they have been so helpful and encouraging. 


Q9) What is the next book on your To Read Pile that you are dying to jump into?

I always read 2 books at a time, one on my Kindle app and one live. Currently, I’m reading Next Time Lucky by Siggy Buckley and Bite Me by Christopher Moore.


Q10) Is there anything else you would like to add?

I’m looking for real cattle ranchers for an upcoming book. Know any?


Favorite Quiz

Favorite city: Vegas!

Favorite beverage: Peach Tea Vodka  from Texas Roadhouse

Favorite place you’d like to visit: Scotland!

Favorite place to write: In the library

Favorite hobby: cooking

Favorite movie: Anything with Gerard Butler in it!

Favorite book: Recently I read Hell on Wheels by Julie Ann Walker! LOVED IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews