Tuesday, 14 February 2012

The Kiss: It's getting hot in here


Happy Valentine’s Day! 

To celebrate this wonderful day of expressing love, I’m sharing one of my favourite kissing scenes to write. It was a toss between the kiss in His Treasure and the one in A Valentine Challenge. In the end, the sparks flying between Michael and Kasie in this AVC scene just stole my breath away. J

To get a basic understanding of the story leading up to this kiss, you can read previous excerpts: Something forthe Weekend and The Long Cool Aphrodisiac. This scene got my heart racing when I wrote it. I thoroughly enjoyed writing it. I hope you enjoy reading it too. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Of course if you want to follow me, I'll follow right back.


***
He heard the catch of her breath, her pert nose flaring slightly. “You’re talking rubbish. I don’t want anything to do with you,” she retorted insolently.
“Let’s find out,” he replied.
Moving his hand to her nape, he lowered his head and kissed her. Firm lips crushed soft ones. Hotly. Voraciously. Kasie kept her mouth sealed, turning her head to move away. He held her in place, pulling her closer, her pliant body against his solid bulk. His desire grew with each pump of his heart. The evidence of his arousal pulsed, pushing against his clothes.
He rocked into her, wanting her to feel his craving, his strength, his determination...her effect on him.
A sound like a soft sob escaped her lips. He put his hand into her hair and unpinned the tight bun. Her loose black hair cascaded down her back though his fingers.
“Kasie, kiss me,” he groaned out, commanding her to do what he felt she already wanted to do. He’d seen it in her eyes this morning and tonight. She was holding back because she didn’t think he was good enough for her.
The thought drove him on. He was good enough. Darn it! No woman was going to make him feel like an inadequate teenager ever again. He angled her head and backed her up against the car, grinding his hips into her.
At first she shook her head negatively. Then she let out a soft whimper and leaned into him, opening her lips for him.
His senses went crazy, his taste buds exploding with her flavour. Her mouth was a haven. Warm. Sweet. Enticing. Vanilla ice cream on warm apple pie. His tongue entered her mouth, tasting her, letting her taste him. His need.
He groaned, deepening the kiss, wanting more of her. Kissing her wasn’t enough. It was madness but he wanted more of her.
***

I’ve shared this excerpt with:
Black Love (celebrating black romance novels) hosted by Reflections of a Bookaholic and Mocha Girls Read
And
Is it getting hot in here? (celebrating favourite kisses) hosted by Reading, Writing & Loving it and My Protector: The calling.
Click on the links to check out the other posts celebrating favourite kisses and black romance novels.

Can a quiet man tame his rebellious wife with persevering love?

Is the hunter about to be hunted?