Thursday, 29 September 2011

Thrusty Thursday - Debut Book Cover


Hello readers, welcome back to Thrusty Thursday. I have exciting news today.

Apart from the hard graft of editing and revising a manuscript in preparation for publication, other things happen in the background. Like reviewing and signing off the final cover art for the book. For me this is the most anticipated milestone outside of the publication date. As a visual person, covers are what attract me to books. They lead me to read the blurbs and find out more about the content of the book.

Today I can finally reveal the cover for my debut book titled His Treasure due out in December 2011. It’s a historical romantic fiction set in the region now referred to as South Eastern, Nigeria or Igboland and is part of the 3-book Men of Valor mini-series.

I am so excited about this book, in fact the whole series, as it would be the first of its kind to be published for the romance reading mass-market. Where else would you find a purely African historical romantic book or series? If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me.

Anyway, without further ado, here’s the cover for His Treasure. Ta-da!



Having seen the cover, I’m sure you want to read the blurb, right? Well, here it is.
***
In a time when men ruled their households with firm hands, can a quiet man tame his rebellious wife with persevering love?

Angry at being forced to marry a man not of her choosing, Adaku stubbornly shuns her new husband on their wedding night. However, she soon discovers there are worse things than giving in to a man whose touch awakens her deep desires. In a land where fruitfulness is celebrated, she could soon be labeled a barren woman.

Obinna knows there are several ways to tame a rebellious woman. Patience and perseverance are two of them. Adaku is his treasure and he would never let her go. When her fears push her into his arms, will he be able to convince her to stay with him forever by unleashing the passion within her?

***
Now you want to read the book, right. Well, it’s coming soon. Roll on December!

So what do you think? Me? I love the cover. I gave my publisher an idea of what I wanted and this was the result – pretty close to what I had in mind. I hope you love it too. Let me know by leaving a comment.
Have a thrusty Thursday, y’all!