Thursday 29 September 2011

Thrusty Thursday - Debut Book Cover


Hello readers, welcome back to Thrusty Thursday. I have exciting news today.

Apart from the hard graft of editing and revising a manuscript in preparation for publication, other things happen in the background. Like reviewing and signing off the final cover art for the book. For me this is the most anticipated milestone outside of the publication date. As a visual person, covers are what attract me to books. They lead me to read the blurbs and find out more about the content of the book.

Today I can finally reveal the cover for my debut book titled His Treasure due out in December 2011. It’s a historical romantic fiction set in the region now referred to as South Eastern, Nigeria or Igboland and is part of the 3-book Men of Valor mini-series.

I am so excited about this book, in fact the whole series, as it would be the first of its kind to be published for the romance reading mass-market. Where else would you find a purely African historical romantic book or series? If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me.

Anyway, without further ado, here’s the cover for His Treasure. Ta-da!



Having seen the cover, I’m sure you want to read the blurb, right? Well, here it is.
***
In a time when men ruled their households with firm hands, can a quiet man tame his rebellious wife with persevering love?

Angry at being forced to marry a man not of her choosing, Adaku stubbornly shuns her new husband on their wedding night. However, she soon discovers there are worse things than giving in to a man whose touch awakens her deep desires. In a land where fruitfulness is celebrated, she could soon be labeled a barren woman.

Obinna knows there are several ways to tame a rebellious woman. Patience and perseverance are two of them. Adaku is his treasure and he would never let her go. When her fears push her into his arms, will he be able to convince her to stay with him forever by unleashing the passion within her?

***
Now you want to read the book, right. Well, it’s coming soon. Roll on December!

So what do you think? Me? I love the cover. I gave my publisher an idea of what I wanted and this was the result – pretty close to what I had in mind. I hope you love it too. Let me know by leaving a comment.
Have a thrusty Thursday, y’all!

37 comments:

  1. Beautiful cover, Kiru. No wonder you're pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one hell of a cover! So pleased for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Romy and Karina. I am very pleased. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely cover, Kiru! Roll on December indeed :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cover Kiru and yip, makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm grinning widely here. lol
    Thank you, Xandra, Doris and Lauri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have every reason to be grinning ear to ear. Gorgeous cover. Blurb very alluring. Roll on Decem ber indeed!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful book cover! I'd be thrilled! Really sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Denise and Teresa. I am thrilled. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me say again GORGEOUS cover. Love the cloth they're wrapped in. And seriously they look African (instead of Black-American/European). You know *we* can tell the difference. I was in an a public place when I checked FB on my phone and saw ur announcement. I honestly almost screamed. That's how excited I am.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kiru, this is so exciting. I shall surely be purchasing this book come December.
    Cheers!
    Adwoa

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover is amazing really! That cloth seals the deal. Can't wait to read the book and the series too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Empi, you can imagine my reaction when I saw it. Thank you :o))

    Adwoa and Myne, thank you. Soon, very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cover is stunning!! Love the colours and I'm so excited about reading this series

    ReplyDelete
  15. *inhales* I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fatally hot cover, Kiru! I love it. Kudos girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you to Claire, eccentricyoruba and Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic cover, Kiru! Well done with that! Rich and inviting colors and graphics. I've deliberately avoided reading even snippets from the book online so I can enjoy the whole thing first hand once published, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kiru, I love the cover and can't wait to read your book. I bet it is going to be a best seller. For what do we actually know about the people of Africa, about their history, traditions and passions? It has been only recently - thanks to the Internet and globalization - that writers like you are emerging one after the other to enlighten us ignorant, arrogant whites. I'm crying with joy for you, Kiru. If you ever feel disheartened as a writer, don't hesitate to contact me. I promise I will never stop to encourage you, because you are a brilliant writer from head to toes. Mark my words, one or more of your books are going to hit Hollywood with a vengeance :)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cover. Congratulations. Lookinfg forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i need a first edition copy of this not only for reading but for my coffee table in my new library, in my new home in Igboland. Oh I can't wait, December you say. I'm sticking the cover on my blog. This is so exciting. I love you writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  22. btw, release is two days before my birthday, perfect present to self...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, thank you all.

    Babyrocka, the one word that jumps into my head each time I look at that cover is 'VIBRANT'. Says it all.

    Martie, now I've got tears in my eyes. muah!

    Adura, you and me both. :)

    Wendy, you're very welcome to Igboland. I hope you'll enjoy the birthday treat.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kiru,

    I definitely will be buying this when it comes out! Really nice cover. Kinda reminds me of my cover for Hardware. Had a look and I think they might be the same models. However, I absolutely love the 'honeyed' richness of yours though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sexy cover!
    Matches your style of writing too.
    Congrats & well done.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cover! SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. J.L. I checked that and you might be right abou the models.

    Thank you, J.L., Think-about-it and Nas. I'm glad yo like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kiru, I mentioned your blog/cover on my blog today. Have a look-see if you have a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kiru, I immediately recognized your eye-catching book cover from J.L. Campbell's blog. Congratulations on the December release date as well!

    BTW, I'm delighted you found Kate Walker's post as helpful as I did. Thank you very much for visiting Bird's-eye View.

    ReplyDelete
  30. HOT cover! Love it!!! Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Michelle, thank you so much for stopping by.

    Wendy, thank you dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful cover! The story sounds interesting too. I love historical romances, but I've never read an English one set in Africa.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's a wonderful cover. Sexy, romantic and conveys the uniqueness of your story. I can't wait to get my hands on it and read it. :)

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  34. The book cover is lovely! The couple looking at each other in adoration - just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm wearing an ear to ear smile. I should add a 'looking forward to reading' list on my book review blog. Think I'll do that this weekend. Thanks a million, Kiru!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews