Monday 16 February 2015

Meet the next big author in erotic romantic suspense @BethanyKris #Authorchat

Happy Monday, sweeties. Today I'm chatting with Bethany-Kris on my about writing and her latest book, Filthy Marcellos: Lucian. Stop by and meet the author behind some wonderful organized crime novels. If you haven't read her Russian Guns series, you should.

***

Q1) Welcome to my blog, Bethany. Can you tell us a little about yourself
I’m a 25 year-old Canadian mother of three sons aged 5, 3, and 2 and a half months. I’m always busy—always. I love to read as much as I love to write. I also tend to enjoy the kinds of things that are bad for me—coffee, cigarettes, and sarcasm included. My hubby is “my one” and without him, I would starve. I can’t cook, in other words. 


Find me on Facebook, Twitter, my blog, Pinterest, Goodreads, or Amazon


Q2) Good to find out a little more about you. Have you always wanted to be an author?
No, I didn’t get into writing until my late teens, early twenties. I was always a huge reader, but the desire to write came later.


Q3) A late bloomer like me. So who are some of your favorite writers? Who do you feel has influenced your writing?
VC Andrews. Philippa Gregory. Steven King. The last two are authors I never hesitate to buy when I see a book come out. VC Andrews was the first real taboo author I came to love as a teenager. She’s certainly had some influence on me as a writer.

Q4) All great authors. Can you tell us what a typical writing day for you is like. 
Kids, kids, kids, kids, kids … did I say kids? Yeah, that’s about it right there. Under my feet, on my lap, peering over my shoulder. Try writing a sex scene with a newborn in your lap, a 3 year-old at your feet, and the 5 year-old who is just learning how to read looking over your shoulder saying, “What’s that word, Mommy?”
That’s not a word … go away. GO AWAY.

Q5) hahahaha. I can so relate to that. Okay. Moving along. Let’s talk about your new book.  Can you tell us a little about it?

Filthy Marcellos: Lucian is the first book in my Filthy Marcellos Trilogy. Lucian is the oldest and only adopted son of Antony and Cecelia Marcello, who are essentially, mafia royalty in the organized crime world. A chance meeting with Jordyn Reese in a confessional box at his church sends his world toppling to the side. She’s involved with a dangerous MC gang and not by her own desire. She needs protection and Lucian is the only one who can provide it.



Blurb:
Lucian Marcello is aware of the expectations following him as the oldest son of one of North America’s most infamous Cosa Nostra Dons. Family in his world is more than blood and sharing a last name. It’s the honor, respect, business, and the life. Being a Capo is just a stepping stone until it’s time for him to take on the role of underboss but a chance meeting with her could be the one thing he’d risk it all for.

She is exactly what he didn’t know he was looking for.

Jordyn Reese spends her time trying to stay under the radar of a man who wouldn’t think twice about killing her. Unwillingly affiliated with a dangerous MC gang, her life is dominated by the men surrounding her and her future rests solely in how useful she can be for them. The last thing she needs is some Mafioso gaining her more unwanted attention from the club.

He is everything she should stay away from but can’t.

Notoriously violent when it comes to getting what he wants, Lucian will stop at nothing to make the target on Jordyn’s back disappear. But sometimes the worst threats are the ones you can’t see until it’s too late. The truth behind Lucian’s history is about to take center stage in more ways than one, and it’ll either save him … or kill him.

This world leaves everyone a little filthy.


BUY LINKS

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | iTunes


 
 
Q6) Sounds super hot. How did you come up with the idea for this story?
Research, mostly. I was focusing on researching early 1900s mobsters and Charles “Lucky” Luciano really caught my attention. There’s a little bit of him, his character, personality, and life in each Marcello brother’s story.

Q7) Good old research. Fascinating. What is up next for you?
Right now I’m working on finishing the last book in the Filthy Marcellos, Dante. I’m also finishing up the final two books in The Russian Guns. From there, who knows? Wherever the muses take me, I go. They don’t give me a choice.

Q8) What is the best piece of advice you would give to a budding writer?
I think the best advice I was given was that not everyone was going to like my work. It would suck, and hurt, and all that good nonsense, but it’s a reality of the trade. What one likes, another won’t. Better to prepare yourself for it and know it’ll come than be blindsided by it.

Q9) Great advice. What is the next book on your To Read Pile that you are dying to jump into?
Made by JM Darhower.

Q10) Is there anything else you would like to add?
Thank you for having me on today!

KT) You are welcome!

Favorite Quiz

Favorite city:
New York, and I’ve never even been. I’ve done enough research to feel like it, though.
Favorite beverage:
Pepsi, coffee, or sourpuss vodka.
Favorite place you’d like to visit:
Egypt, someday.
Favorite place to write:
My front porch in the summer.
Favorite hobby:
Writing has become my job, so I can’t say that anymore. Reading, I suppose.
Favorite movie:
Time Traveler’s Wife
Favorite book:
Flowers in the Attic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews