Tuesday 17 September 2013

Sharing The Wild Life with @StacyDeanne #Interview #Hitchcock

Happy New Week, folks. Today I've interviewed the lovely author Stacy-Deanne for her The Wild Life book tour. Please make her feel welcome. She's also got a gift for 5 lucky persons who leave a comment.

On to the interview...

Q1) Welcome to my blog, Stacy. Please tell us a little about yourself

I’m a proud Texan, born and raised in Houston. I still reside in Houston. I’m single with no kids. I like the simple things in life. Writing is what makes me happy and everything else is just the cherry on top. Something people are shocked to know about me is that I’m 6’1. I love being tall! I’ve been writing professionally since I was 19. I’m 35 now. My primary genres are mystery and suspense with interracial subplots, but I also write women’s fiction and any genre I’m interested in at the time.


Q2) I enjoy stories with suspenseful plot. So  tell us, have you always wanted to be an author?

Nope. I didn’t catch the writing bug until I was 19. I just started writing a book, got hooked, and from there I knew writing was what I wanted to do because it made me so happy.

Q3) You've got to do what makes you happy. Do you have favorite writers? Who do you feel has influenced your writing?

My favorite writer is Edgar Allan Poe. Alfred Hitchcock influenced me to become a mystery writer because I’m a mystery buff. Ever since I was a child growing up in the 80’s I watched Hitchcock’s old films. I fell in love with his style and brilliance. Even now his work blows me away.

Q4) Brilliant. Do you have a writing routine? Tell us what a typical writing day for you is like. 

It depends on what I’m writing. If it’s a story where I’ve got my flow going then I usually start when I first wake up and I’ll write throughout the day. Many times though I will write when I get up and I might not write again until before I go to bed.  I don’t have a set schedule, but when I’m really into a story you can’t get me off the computer. LOL!

Q5) I get you. LOL. Let’s talk about your new book.  Can you tell us a little about it?

The Wild Life is the third installment in my current interracial mystery series focusing on two Albany Detectives, Brianna “Bree” Morris and Steven Kemp who are partners and ex-lovers.

The Wild Life Blurb:

When Albany Detective Brianna “Bree” Morris learns that Cuban crime lord Milan Varela wants her estranged father dead, she heads off to Miami to find out why. With Homicide Detective Jayce Matthews and her ex-lover Detective Steven Kemp she devises a plot to get close to the Varela organization.

Brianna finds herself attracted to the older Milan and falls deep into his web of seduction while fighting to keep her mind on her mission. Milan is equally drawn to Brianna and vows to win her trust and her heart.

Is Milan really the villain when it comes to Brianna’s father? Or is he the victim?

Is Brianna’s father really in danger or is there more to the story than anyone could ever imagine?

Brianna risks her life to save her father’s but will she end up losing her own?

Q6) I love the premise. How did you come up with the idea for this story?

Brianna and Steven originate from my ’08 novel Melody. I fell in love with them instantly and knew I wanted to feature them in more books so I began a series. I also got great feedback from fans that enjoyed Bree and Steven’s chemistry. She’s a strong-willed detective who can’t seem to stay out of trouble, and he’s her stubborn lovesick partner who wishes they could have a romantic relationship again. The characters share plenty of sparks and it’s their chemistry that wins people over. I love the characters and I love writing the series.

Q7) So, what is up next for you?

Glad you asked! I have a lot of things coming up. First off, I’ve started three new short story serials. The beginning installments of these serials will be released soon by my publisher, Peace in the Storm Publishing. I am very excited. I never wrote shorts before but now I got the hang of it and I really enjoy writing serials. I’m excited to embark on this new venture. I also have two novels coming up in 2014. One, The Ultimate Rush, is a standalone. The other, Harm a Fly, is the fourth installment of the Bree and Steven series. So you’ll be seeing a lot from me.

Q8) What is the best piece of advice you would give to a budding writer?

They need to research every aspect of writing and publishing before entering the industry. It will save them a lot of heartache. They also need to be very patient because nothing happens fast in this industry no matter what route to publication you take.

Q9) What is the next book on your To Read Pile that you are dying to jump into?

I definitely intend to get my hands on Ruth Ann Nordin’s His Reluctant Lady. She’s my favorite Historical Romance author. I’m addicted to the genre. LOL!

Q10) Is there anything else you would like to add?

I’d like to thank you for featuring me today. I also would love to thank everyone who stopped by. I wanna remind everyone to answer the giveaway question and they might win a copy of The Wild Life!

Favorite Quiz


Favorite city: Houston

Favorite beverage: Sprite Zero

Favorite place you’d like to visit: England

Favorite place to write: Bedroom

Favorite hobby: Cruising the Internet

Favorite movie: Soul Man (1986) Don’t judge me. LOL!

Favorite book: Definitely have more than one but it’s a cross between Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Oliver Twist, and the Portrait of Dorian Gray.

The Wild Life (excerpt):

“What do you expect me to say, Steve?” Brianna sat beside Jayce. “I don’t even know what’s going on.”

He bent over her. “Can’t anything go well for you, woman? Why do you keep getting yourself in these predicaments?”

“Oh excuse me for coming home and finding a man in my kitchen!”

Jersey tugged on her ears. “I have a huge headache and one of my officers has just been attacked. The last thing I need is for you two to argue.”

Steven and Brianna made faces at each other.

“We’re worried about you, Morris. Tell us what’s going on so we can help.”

“I don’t know if you can help.”

Davis slunk into the room and rested at Brianna’s feet. She scooped up the brown feline.

“The guy that tried to kill me…” She scratched Davis’ ear. “Well he worked for Milan Varela.”

Steven gaped. “What the f*** did you just say?”

Brianna shrugged.

“Are you f***** kidding me? A man who worked for the head of the Southern Cuban Mafia was here? Here?”

“I was telling Bree that a friend of mine in the FBI might be able to help her,” Jayce said. “It’s about her father. They’re looking for him.”

“George?” Jersey’s green eyes beamed from behind her glasses. “What the hell would the Cuban Mafia want with George?”

 “No telling. You know the life my father lives. It’s full of risks and he makes no apologies for it.”

Jersey touched the back of her neck. “How the hell could he even get close to Milan Varela in the first place?”

“So this is the type of stuff your father’s always into?”

“Jayce my father has never been a father to me. He stays gone for decades at a time and pops up probably once every ten or fifteen years when he wants something. I wonder if he even remembers he has a
daughter half the time.” She kissed Davis’ head. “Right now what’s important is this mess he’s got going with Milan. Why would he want my dad dead?”

“I just can’t believe this. I mean your dad has been involved in some shady things during his life but nothing like this. What are you gonna do, Morris?”

“As much as I hate him, I can’t let anything happen to him. I gotta find out where he is.”

The Wild Life is available in print and ebook. Nook | Kindle 
 Where to find Stacy: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Mailinglist

CONTEST: 
Giveaway question:
Name your favorite book. What are THREE things you’d change about the main character and why?
Five people who provide the most interesting answer to this question will each win an ebook copy of The Wild Life.

Giveaway ends at 8 pm Central Time. Ebook copies will be emailed to participants by Stacy-Deanne. Commenters must leave email address with comment to be eligible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews